Canon R6 Mark II Overview
Borrowed from the R3, the R6 Mark II’s upgraded processing suits the multimedia nature of the camera. Capable of processing high speed bursts as well as high-res 4K video, the DIGIC X supports up to 40 fps continuous shooting with a silent electronic shutter or 12 fps with a mechanical shutter, with AF and AE readings before each frame. There is also a 30 fps RAW Burst mode, which offers pre-release capture to record moments that happened up to 0.5-sec before you press the shutter.
Also, improved processing leads to improved low-light performance, with the sensitivity range now extending from ISO 100-102400, and expandable to ISO 204800 for working in very difficult lighting conditions.
Beyond stills, the R6 Mark II’s sensor also offers high-res UHD 4K 60p internal video using the full width of the sensor and the ability to work with 10-bit sampling with Canon Log 3. A 6K recording area can also be used for oversampled 4K shooting at 30p for improved sharpness, reduced moiré, and lower noise. And, for slow-motion playback, 180p recording is supported at up to Full HD resolution.
HDR-PQ recording is possible, too, for in-camera HDR production and external recording, via the micro-HDMI port, which supports a clean 6K output at up to 60 fps. Also, unlimited recording times are possible, too, and the R6 Mark II features both mic and headphone ports, as well as a multi-function shoe for wide accessories compatibility.
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system features 1053 automatic AF points that cover the entire sensor area and provide notably fast, responsive, and precise focusing performance.
- This phase-detection focusing system also has enhanced subject detection and tracking, benefitted by deep learning technology, with the ability to intelligently recognize people, animals, and vehicles. Subject tracking will automatically lock onto these subjects and maintain sharp focus while shooting, even throughout burst captures and when recording video.
- Dual Pixel AF II’s low-luminance limit focuses down to an impressive -6.5 EV for accurate focusing even in nighttime conditions.
- High-resolution 3.69m-dot 0.5″ electronic viewfinder provides a bright and detailed means for eye-level viewing and the quick 120 fps refresh rate offers natural motion rendering for a more realistic viewfinder experience.
- Rear 3.0″ 1.62m-dot LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle design that benefits front-facing recording, such as for vlogging needs, as well as working from high and low shooting angles.
- Refined body design incorporates four distinct control dials across the body for intuitive tactile control and a joystick controller is used on the back of the camera for fast and intuitive focus point selection and menu navigation.
- An updated top plate design repositions the On/Off dial and Photo/Video mode dial for more intuitive handling.
- Built for everyday use, this camera touts a dust- and moisture-sealed body constructions that’s suitable for working in inclement conditions.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer file-saving flexibility and both are rated for UHS-II card speeds to support fluent 4K video recording and high-speed continuous shooting.
Wired and wireless connectivity options are available, allowing for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, as well as for remotely controlling the camera.
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 port for in-camera charging and file transfers; this port also enables using the camera as a Full HD 30p webcam with support for UVC/UAC protocols
- 3.5mm headphone and external microphone ports
- Micro-HDMI port for working with an external recorder
- Bluetooth and 5/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for wireless transfers and remote camera control from mobile devices